Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Journal of Sa' Landdros - Part 1

First Iiadan of the Sa' landdres People

     I watched the land that gave me life - disappear under the raging thick cloud. Not a storm from the sky, or a fog from the sea, but from the mouth of the Mountain. The Great City of Ti' Adel was taken from us.

     I cannot believe she is gone. She ran back to save our people. She would not abandon them. Inspired by my own life and heroic adventures; she became self giving, loving towards the needy, interested in their struggles, and willing to give her plate to those less fortunate. She prepared herself for this day, not knowing it would take her from me.

      My Jewel, you gave me hope in a peaceful world. With you, I believed in a world with no wars, no corruption, and no vanity. Did this cruel world take you away from me? I do not want to believe it, my daughter. Fire could not have taken you. You were my only child - I was the one who prepared you for life, for your spiritual journey of Kalidanq; I watched you grow in wisdom, and prepared you for the Trials into the Mardiq' Ins Order. They taught you courage - never to fear the fire, but to embrace it. Did you not tell me this during dinner? That was what you reminded me - to face my fears. You left me behind, to enter fire and ash, for the sake of saving our people. There was no escaping the river of molten rock. No building, no livestock in the fields, nothing could with stand the intense heat, the terrible earth shaking, and the rumbles of the ground. A great wind shook our beloved City, Ti’ Adel, while the earth swallowed it.

      All is gone. Will I ever see my Jewel again?

      I wanted to jump into the water and swim to you, but the cries of my people urge me to stay. All around me, I see black pebbles and tiny stones falling from the sky, hitting the surface of the sea like drops of rain. I look towards the sky to find a ray of light, or blue sky, but all I could see was thick ash, and lightning dancing within the black clouds. I could almost hear a voice tell me, "Stay with our people". It felt like your gentle and brave voice.

      Terrible is the feeling I have in my heart. I am filled with pain and despair – torn with a choice to not save you, but to leave you and my Mother Land.

      How should I live, knowing I may never see you my Mother, and my beloved Jewel?"

 To Be Continued - Part 2