Sunday, January 07, 2018

The Journal of Sa' Landdros - Part 3

First Iiadan of the Sa' landdres People

      "Father..." She said. I turned my eyes from the water to look at her face. My young A'Gedra. I cannot forget her eyes - she was my only daughter.

      "Father... Tell me about your adventures? Tell me your stories with the Siduk's." She said with a gentle smile. A'Gedra could brighten up any foul day with that smile of hers. I turned my face towards the waters, only to follow the rays of light leading towards the sun.

      "The sun was falling in the horizon, and my men were exhausted from their climb of rocks that went along the beach. Rocks turned to boulders, and boulders turned to hills and high cliffs. One standing on the Cliffs of Ustunn, can see further into the sea. The sun's rays stretched further; at some point, one would believe they could see a small glimpse of land."

      "A small glimpse of land." Said A'Gedra, as she chuckled under her breath.

      "Yes A'Gedra, the sight was majestic. To see the rays dancing on the water, to hear the sound of the gentle water bubbling on the rocks, waves lightly crashing and sliding on the rocks, was so very comforting. It was easy for us to sleep, the sound of the water was mesmerizing."

      "Father... When you speak of your journey's, I could only imagine the wonders through your stories."

      I looked to A'Gedra, as she continued, "When I hear your stories, I imagine through your eyes, and can feel what you have felt - like the gentle breeze or the smell of the sea." I smiled softly.

      "Father... your stories excite my heart - I one day want to be you!" My heart stopped for a moment. She continued, as her face changed from a gentle look, to serious one, "I want to join the Marqui' Ins Order. I fill... no... I believe that one day I will be a Servant of our Kingdom. That I will be a hero. A hero like you."

      I woke up from that trance - I sat on a barrow, looking towards the rays of light dancing on the water. I whispered, "A'Gedra, I miss you. Pray for me. I am ill without you. Tell me there is a better world, a better life than this."

      I could not hold my tears. My eye welled up, and my emotions grew to a calm sobbing. I whispered to her, so that my words were caught up in the breeze, hoping like a child that it would reach her, "Be my hero, A'Gedra..."

 To be Continued - Part 4